Saturday 30 May 2015

Ahh Pinterest...Birds

Pinterest.....I Love and Hate you! I am so addicted to you and even though you are my favorite site you are my biggest craft time waster...Pin Pin Pin..... what I want to make and do....Pin Pin Pin..... inspirations and ideas..Pin Pin....recipes...quotes...jokes...... .and so on and so on.... then I look at the time...waaa no time to craft now lol.....I am a procrastinator :)


Birds

I love birds..https://www.pinterest.com/natalieb2/birds/

So following Pinterest links I made these.......
I like felt, I use it for play food mostly...and I enjoy hand sewing, I ending up sewing 12 of them...one day they will be a mobile.I used pre cut felt flowers for the tails, I found them at Kmart years ago in the children's craft section. They had butterfly's as well, I brought a few bags at $2 each, they have been well worth the it :) 

I then tried a Spool Bird style pattern. I fell in love, I can hand sew them if I want, or machine...




And then that lead to Bird Mobiles.....which takes me to looking for branches and sticks to use.Then cleaning the sticks and cutting and sanding and even painting the branches to look more like driftwood. And then the attaching of them to branches and then balancing them, which I find so time consuming but worth it, cause they are so cute. I have made about 9 blancing bird branches, all given away to friends and family :)











No comments:

Post a Comment